Partners in Pethood
It is of utmost significance for communities to support the shelters and rescue efforts by means of donations, outreach and adoptions. We decided to create this organization because:
- Individuals who graciously donate must be cautious about where and with whom that their money is spent. We can always make recommendations to support legitimate, vetted rescues.
- With the urgency and importance of rescuing and rehabilitating these helpless animals, not all rescue shelters have the time, energy, knowledge nor resources to raise funds. With your support and the community, we hope to have the opportunity to assist with these efforts.
- Thankfully, there are rescues who have built a solid support foundation. However, there are many small organizations who struggle to get their name out and find homes for their adoptable animals. Resources through such methods as both public and private events can be of great assistance for these small organizations and it is our goal to be able to provide such advertising.
- Some organizations are based out of the country such as in Mexico and Asia, however, transport animals to the United States for adoption. With all of the time, money and effort involved with such a huge task, we assist to bridge the gap for a smoother transition with coordination and ease of transport through various methods.
- Pet food, collars, leashes and bowls are always a priority on the list of needs for a shelter. However, much of the public is unaware of the dire necessity for products such as trash bags, blankets, litter and other helpful items which we aim to educate the public about.
Not all shelters have the support, education nor time to meet their fundraising, expansion and event attendance goals. We collaborate with large San Diego based event productions to add an additional feature of adoptions.
Organizations we work with include specific breed, mixed breed, kill and no-kill shelters and animal hospitals. We are assuming this special cause because of our steadfast commitment to find loving and dedicated homes for these beautiful creatures and to improve their quality of life while here on this earth.
What Drives Us
Wagging Wishes assists shelter and companion animal rescue efforts by providing resources to existing rescue agencies. We accomplish this through outreach, volunteer management, adoption events, education, and financial assistance.
Make a Donation
Save a Life
It’s – Approximately 3.2 million shelter animals are adopted each year (1.6 million dogs and 1.6 million cats).
Approximately 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. Of those, approximately 3.3 million are dogs and 3.2 million are cats. We estimate that the number of dogs and cats entering U.S. shelters annually has declined from approximately 7.2 million in 2011. The biggest decline was in dogs (from 3.9 million to 3.3 million).
Each year, approximately 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized (670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats). The number of dogs and cats euthanized in U.S. shelters annually has declined from approximately 2.6 million in 2011. This decline can be partially explained by an increase in the percentage of animals adopted and an increase in the number of stray animals successfully returned to their owners.
Founder & President/Chair
Digital Marketing Director